Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager (3 month contract position, part time 20 hours a week)
Location: Remote (SF, Marin Co. preferred, open for the right candidate)
Type: Full time
Reporting to: Marketing Lead, dotted line Founder
Experience: Entry Level, Recent graduate
Industries: Spirits, Beer, RTD Cocktails
About Salt Point
Sunstream Brands, LLC (DBA Salt Point) was one of the first ultra-premium canned cocktail companies to market, canning cocktails since 2013. Inspired by Salt Point, a Northern California State Park two hours north of San Francisco on the Pacific Ocean, a place that evokes the natural beauty and character of Northern California and seaport towns everywhere. Salt Point has five refreshing canned cocktails in their line up with natural ingredients and premium spirits, including Moscow Mule, Gin Highball, Greyhound, Margarita and Cape Cod with disruptive packaging with highly recognizable seaport characters.
The social media manager will act as a major contributor to the marketing communications strategy. He/She/They will Implement the overall organic and paid social media strategy based on goals and objectives. The contract manager will strategize, design and/or collaborate with agencies to implement all social media strategies and tactics. He/She/They will also engage with consumers in Facebook and Instagram as the voice of Salt Point. This person will have a deep understanding of the latest media technologies and popular culture to storytell for the brand.
- Manage the creation of content calendars, graphics, and social videos in Salt Point’s voice and tone
- Writes messaging and copy for content engaging with consumers in channels as needed.
- Manages Paid Media investments across Search, Social, Programmatic, Display, Video, shopper and other channels to help drive acquisition and engagement.. Drives execution across all digital channels..
- Oversee ambassador/influencer outreach strategy campaign and assist in building a team of influencer partners for the brands.
- Analyze social media strategies weaknesses, making recommendations for improvements, research social media trends and implement relevant ideas for the target consumer.
- Stays up to date on channel updates to maximize awareness and engagements.
- Comfortable using Google Analytics to monitor digital performance and reports on monthly and quarterly progress.
- Manages social media budget
Education, Qualifications, Attitude
- MA Communications and Media Technologies or BA in marketing, digital, communications
- Social media, digital marketing communications experience, CPG, alcohol beverage experience a plus.
- Keen eye for creative design and an appetite for telling great stories and developing crisp content with style guidelines.
- A deep understanding of the social media landscape, platform standard methodologies and social media behaviors.
- Self-motivated, personable, detail oriented, strong accountability thrives in a fast paced environment
- Over 21 years of age, interested in working for a start-up marketing organization
- Good writing, grammar
- Highly engaged in social platforms
- Digital design ie Photoshop, Google Analytics, Later or other social calendar planning tools, Microsoft Office, photography and video production.